History of LSF
Recently Funded Programs
- Grant proposals should be brief (3-5 pages) and pertinent to the objectives of the Lloyd Symington Foundation.
- An outline of the current budget, itemizing major expenses and sources of revenue, must be included.
- Applicants must also submit either a 501(c)(3) form of their own organization or a 501(c)(3) form of their fiscal sponsor with a Letter of Authorization.
- The Foundation prefers clear and precise responses to the questions listed below.
- The proposal need not follow a question-and-answer format.
- Applications should be postmarked no later than October 1st
- One copy should be mailed to each member of the board to the addresses listed below.
- Supplementary materials need only be attached to those copies sent to the President and Executive Director.
Note: In addition, first time applicants should provide a statement of personal vision and a brief biographical sketch. All applicants are required to confer with the Executive Director, either in person or over the phone, before submitting their proposals.
INFORMATION REQUIRED IN DRAFTING PROPOSALS
- What is the core vision and basic purpose of the organization? In addressing the needs of people with cancer, what is organization’s top priority?
- What is the total annual budget of the organization? How many people does the organization serve?
- What amount of money is requested and how will funds be allocated? A budget itemizing expenditures for the grant program should be included.
- How does the cancer program fit in with the objectives of the Lloyd Symington Foundation?
- Are all the beneficiaries of the cancer program people facing cancer? If not, what percentage do they constitute?
- Is the program free of charge? What is the level of participation from minority groups and low-income individuals?
- What would be the impact of the proposed grant if awarded? How many people will be reached?
- What kind of follow-up will be done to evaluate the results of the cancer program?
- Does the organization or program in question receive funds from other donors, public or private?
All inquiries regarding grant proposals or any other matter should be addressed to the Executive Director either by email, via postal mail Lloyd Symington Foundation, 33 Knoll Road, San Anselmo, CA 94960 or by telephone (415) 454-6325.
Marion Werner, President
7214 Delfield Street
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Toby Symington, Executive Director
33 Knoll Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Katrina Mayo-Smith, Treasurer
620 East Thomson Avenue
Sonoma, CA 95476